We are looking for an Industrial Eng. / M.Sc. in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics or similar interested in data science and its use in wind energy sector.
The candidate will be part of the R&D team in SmartIve, a company allocated in Sabadell (Barcelona, Spain) dedicated to exploit SCADA data from windfarms.
The Smartive R&D team is formed by PhDs, PhD candidates and Data Analysts. We are around twelve people working in improving efficiency in windfarms using SCADA data. Two university research groups are part of the R&D area as well. One from UPC (Terrassa) and other from UVIC (Vic). The main subject of research will be the use of advanced analytic (stats, machine learning, signal processing, etc.) in order to build normality models, estimate health, predict possible failures in wind turbines and get actionable information from data useful for Operation & Maintenance (O&M) tasks.
Skills to improve O&M using SCADA data
You are passionate for data exploitation, data science, etc. applied in real-life problems.
Therefore, the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Industrial Eng. or Ms. Scientist in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics or similar.
- Strong knowledge of applied statistic and machine learning.
- Engineering vision of problems.
- Knowledge and experience in O&M in wind energy sector is a plus
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyze our databases. Just one wind turbine can have hundreds of variables (columns) and near to a million of records (rows).
- Technical knowledge on: Stats, Signal Processing (Time, Frequency, Time-Frequency, Filtering…), Statistical Classifier Algorithms (Bayesian Tree, Random Forest…), AI Algorithms (Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, ANFIS, Fuzzy Inductive Reasoning…) and Deep learning. The researcher will work in those subjects. No all subjects are mandatory.
- A good English level (upper intermediate at least) is important for reading and writing papers for conferences and journals.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional, interested in a growing company and
working as a researcher-data scientist.
- Pragmatic – we look for solutions rather than worry about problems.
- Objective and Team oriented worker.
- EU work permit
Want to join our team?
If you are interested, please contact us! Applications can be in English, Catalan or Spanish.
Juan José Cárdenas (CRO): firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac Justicia (COO): email@example.com