We are looking for a Data Analyst – Statistician willing for applying her/his knowledge and experience in the wind energy sector.
The candidate will be part of the R&D team in SmartIve, a company allocated in Sabadell (Barcelona, Spain) dedicated to exploit SCADA data from windfarms.
The Smartive R&D team is formed by PhDs, PhD candidates and Data Analysts. We are around twelve people working in improving efficiency in windfarms using SCADA data. Two university research groups are part of the R&D area as well. One from UPC (Terrassa) and other from UVIC (Vic).
The main subject of the job will be the use of advanced analytic (stats, data visualization, etc.) in order to build normality models, estimate health, predict possible failures in wind turbines and get actionable information from data useful for Operation & Maintenance (O&M) tasks.
Skills to improve O&M using SCADA data
You are passionate for data exploitation, data analytic, etc. applied in real-life problems. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Data Analyst or Statistician.
- Strong knowledge of applied statistic.
- Engineering vision of problems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in O&M in wind energy sector (optional)
- Programming languages: R (main language we use in the R&D area), Python
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyze our databases.
- Data visualization: Good in choosing the right graphics and plots for data visualization in order to make easy the understanding of the actionable information extracted from data.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional, interested in a growing company and working as a data analyst – statistician.
- Pragmatic – we look for solutions rather than worry about problems.
- Objective and Team oriented worker.
- EU work permit
Want to join our team?
If you are interested, please contact us! Applications can be in English, Catalan or Spanish.
Juan José Cárdenas (CRO): firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac Justicia (COO): email@example.com